POSmart can be licensed, or hosted in our state of the art data center that leverages our high speed, MPP database platform. This option allows companies to have Relational Solutions manage and host the entire process. Users still have access to the data and users can still create their own ad hoc queries if they like.
In the hosted model, Relational Solutions sets up POSmart using our existing environment. It typically takes a few weeks to set up the master data and a few more weeks depending on the number and types of additional data sources. Quotes are provided based on the scope of the project.
There is a set up fee based on time and materials and a monthly data management fee, which varies depending on the number and types of sources we are hosting.
POSmart, hosted, is highly secure and offers the following features.
SAS 70 Certified Data Center:
- Data Center procedures and controls were formally and thoroughly reviewed, evaluated and found to meet this standard by an independent accounting firm.
- The SAS 70 audit included comprehensive reviews and tests of infrastructure, including data center operations, server monitoring, and security measures.
- This certification demonstrates that the data has the proper procedures and safeguards in place to protect websites and critical data.
- Network and system administrators are staffed and available at all times, everyday of the year, including major holidays, to make certain any and all issues are resolved quickly, no matter the date or time.
- 24/7/365 professional security video surveillance
- Biometric retinal scanning
- Man-trap entry point
- Our datacenter receives power via dual feed from separate sub stations.
- Onsite fuel reserves provides several days of uninterrupted availability.
- Backup generators are tested weekly.
- In the event of a prolonged outage, generators can power the data center indefinitely.
- EC Fans provide optimized air distribution with no belt abrasion and less vibration for optimal operating conditions.
- Advanced Computer Air Conditioning (CRAC) units monitor and maintain temperature, air distribution, and humidity to keep the data center cool.
- A + B cooling loops, heat exchanger bypass, and redundant pumps are used for reliable performance.
- Two 600 ton Chiller System pumps recycle cold water underneath an elevated floor so air can rise through the separated sections via floor vents, forming cold aisles.
- The Cold air flows through the server racks where it picks up heat before exiting from the rear of the racks.
- The warm exit air forms "hot aisles" behind the racks, and the hot air dissipates through the ceiling vents.
- All network equipment is enterprise, service-provider grade with redundancy within all devices as well.
- The data center network incorporates Multiple Tier 1 connectivity providers with GigE (Gigabit Ethernet) Internet connections for a superior level of thru-put and uptime.
- Each server set utilizes a multi-gigabit fiber optic backbone, and each server segment is supported by a separate gigabit sub, or "maintenance," network to eliminate data saturation.
- Our servers use Raid technology with multiple hard disk drives within each server to achieve a higher level of performance and reliability.
- An expansive amount of hardware is stored on-site so that our datacenter administrators can quickly perform any necessary hardware maintenance.
User Access and requirements:
- Windows 2000 or later
- NET 2.0 Framework
- IE 6.0 or later